www.carltoncars.net (C)2015  Privacy Policy

Carlton Cars  54 Springfield Road,  Welling DA16 1QW






Will I be self-employed?

Yes. All Carlton Cars drivers are self-employed.

Do I need my own vehicle?

No. Carlton Cars can arrange the hire of a vehicle which you can keep to use in your own time for as long as you remain with the company.

How much rental will I pay on my minicab?

There are many incentives available which can be discussed in full with our Driver Recruitment Team.

Do I need experience?

You do not necessarily need experience of driving a private hire vehicle. If you are enthusiastic, reliable, have a good knowledge of South East London and speak good English, you are welcome to apply to become a Carlton Cars driver. You will need a Transport for London private hire licence (formerly known as a PCO Licence) in order to work for Carlton Cars.

What training will I receive?

Carlton Cars has a driver training team who will ensure that you have all the knowledge and training you require.. You will be fully supported by your Driver Liaison Manager throughout your time with CarltonCars.

How much will I earn?

The answer to this question is completely in your own hands.

Obviously the more hours you work, the more journeys you complete,

the more money you earn.

Will I be paid cash for every journey?

There are two types of booking;

The majority of our work is cash bookings. For these journeys, the passenger will pay you directly, in cash, when you have completed the journey. These jobs are useful to top up your cash flow. The second is a priority service for account based bookings. For these journeys, you will not receive cash from the client, but will be paid weekly, directly into your bank account.

Do I pay for my own fuel?

Yes, it is the driver's responsibility to ensure that his vehicle always contains enough fuel to complete each journey.

What do I need to become a driver?

Before starting work with Carlton Cars, you will need to provide us with your driving licence (both parts or online permission to view Paper Part), your TPH license (both parts) and 2 forms of identification clearly showing your current address. TPH Vehicle license, Certificate of Hire & Reward.Insurance Vehicle V5, MOT and passport size Photo’s

When can I start?

Call 0800 882288 or 020 8303 2222 and talk to one of the team.

How much will I pay Carlton Cars?

Carlton Cars will charge a weekly Rent fee based on shift worked. These rates are normally adjusted every two to three years. Please call to get the current rates.

In order to qualify for a PHV licence the vehicle must meet the following age criteria:

All new vehicles or vehicles new to licensing must be no older than five years and meet the Euro 4 standards for emissions at time of licensing

Vehicles already licensed by us must be no older than 10

years at time of licensing

There are certain exemptions to this criteria.

Book a vehicle inspection

You must make a booking to have your vehicle inspected.

You will need to present the following original documents

when you take your vehicle in:

1. Existing PHV vehicle licence (if applicable)

2. V5c DVLA Vehicle Registration Certificate

3. Insurance documents

4. MOT certificate issued within the last 14 days

5. Vehicle 4modification documents

Any other relevant documentation relating to the vehicle, where appropriate, such as Voluntary Individual Vehicle Approval (VIVA)



London Private Hire Drivers Licence

Full UK Driver's Licence

Master London A-Z Atlas

Android smartphone or iphone.

For more information about joining to talk to a

member of our Driver Recruitment Team

on: 020 8303 2222




This section is for the use of new and existing Carlton Cars drivers.

If you would like to join our team as a driver, or If you are having difficulty using this area please call: 020 8303 2222